About

This is a brain blog about the ins and outs of interaction in my world. Some good, some bad, but all things I find relevant.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dear American People,

Dear American People,

What a mess our country is right now.  I don't think I have ever been more embarrassed to be an American than I am right now.  We brag about how great our country is and we fight wars to bring our style of government to other countries, and here we are, staring down the abyss of shut-down, looking at a government leader that has declared himself dictator and untouchable.  I am disgusted, and because of this "shut-down", our state representatives and congressmen aren't even taking our phone calls (congressmerge).  So much for the voice of the people!

So what do we do now?  I've been reading Facebook post, after Facebook post, about the state of our nations' leaders, and that if we don't do something soon, there will be nothing left...  I know everyone else has been reading and listening to these rants as well.  So, once again, what do we do?  How do we change anything when the people in charge aren't listening and don't even have to take our calls.  How do we take our country back from the corrupt and unjust without destroying the very principles our country was founded upon?  What happens when our government comes crumbling down around us?  Congratulations to Colorado for demanding a recall vote of two of their politicians!  We need more states to do this NOW!  On the other hand, how big of a difference did this really make.  The problem is not in the House or the Senate.  The problem is in the White House.

I am now going to take a moment to President-bash, which, as of right now, I still have a RIGHT to do.  President Obama sits behind his microphone and Veto pen.  He is hiding behind the press and the ink.  He screams about the GOP's injustices and unwillingness to compromise, and yet we are not seeing anything get past the President's desk, unless it is exactly HIS plan, and only HIS plan.  He says he will sign compromises and pass short term bills that will unsure paychecks to our military and other essential personnel, and yet, I just found out that our military personnel have been informed they will not be receiving paychecks on October 15th.  Not only will they not be receiving paychecks, they will have to wait and see if the government will pass legislation to allow them to be back-paid!  Do WHAT!  I am a small business owner in a military community.  I am feeling the squeeze as people cannot pay their bills this month.  Am I going to turn them away and deny them my services? No.  No, I will not, because these are good, honest, hardworking Americans that are caught in the middle of a mud slinging fight happening a thousand miles away from us and yet we are all caught in the middle.
So, back to my President-bash.  When did it become within the power of the White House to shut down services to the nation's people.  When last I checked, taxes are still being withheld from our paychecks so that we can continue to receive the services that we have been promised.  What business allows its CEO to continue collecting money for services that it is not providing just because the board members cannot agree on a plan.  Businesses like that go bankrupt real fast!  Our President is acting like a bully on the school playground.  He is beating up the younger kids, taking their lunch money and then not even letting them play on the equipment.  He is charging a fee to climb to the top of the slide, but has a closed sign hanging at the top so you can't go down and because there is a line of kids behind you, you can't turn around either.  So who gets blamed?  Not the person that hung the sign, but the first kid in line behind the sign because no one else can see the sign.  Way to go Mr. President.

I don't know how accurate all of these other naysayers out there are but I have been reading.  I have seen several references to our national parks about their executive orders to "make life difficult for the American People during this 'shut down' so that they will see how much they need him."  He is the epitome of politician.  He is the guy that stands there and says, you can't have this, or that.  Then, after he gets what he wants, he turns around and says, look what I got you.  Yes, your right Mr. President, you gave us back what you took away to begin with.  Congratulations, you are an idiot!  The sad part is, the majority of people will buy into this.  A large majority of people already are buying into this.  Behind closed doors, Obama is calling all of the shots of what is closed and what stays open.  He is shutting down the services that cost very little but impact the most people and then blaming Congress and the Senate.  When he is questioned directly about these shut-downs, he responds with comments like, 'my hands are tied', or 'this is not my fault'.  Guess what Mr. President.  It is your fault.  It is your job to work with our legislators for the good of the country, not to make this country your own personal little kingdom.  I'm so sick of this administration.  I don't know if things would be better right now if 'the other guy' had won the last election, but I can't imagine that things would be worse.  Obama has mastered the art of misdirection.  He did such a great job during the last two elections of painting a picture of 'the Perfect America', that those who found themselves captivated by his words didn't see how he was going to implement this Perfect America because they were too busy seeing themselves living in this Perfect America.

I just read another interesting argument that our bills are due October 16.  Funny, that's when most people's bills are due and since there will be no government checks to the people on October 15, it will be interesting to see what happens next.  If we cannot pay on our loans on October 16, then October 17 an executive order will be instituted trimming 16 states out of the United States of America, which will then work perfectly because as any business knows, when you change your bi-laws, you can rename your business at the same time because you already having to pay the fees for the changes, why not do it all at once.  Obama can then just change the nations name to the United States of Obama.  There are two different cut plans for this according freepatriot.org.  The first plan trims the most high maintenance states, the ones pulling the most welfare and public assistance, the second trims the west and redraws the Civil War borders.  Doesn't really matter to me because my state is on both lists.  Oh, but he wants to keep Texas.  Although, someone should tell him that Texas doesn't want to be kept if this happens.  I don't know how valid this is, but I could see him trying to do it.  It doesn't really matter to me about this, my state is on both cut lists.

So, I come back around to the question... what do we do about this?  How do we go about getting the changes made that need to happen?  How do we reclaim our country?  How do we get back to being the nation we were meant to be?  How do we get our tax money back and get rid of all of the "pet projects"?  How do we get in touch with our nation's leaders to say 'enough is enough!'?

I don't know.  I feel so helpless and voiceless.  I know that I am supposed to trust my elected officials that they will do what is right for me in our government, but they haven't been.  All I see is the infighting and bigotry of a group of leaders that are only interested in themselves.  I want to go to DC and walk into my legislators office and smack them in the back of the head and say "hi, remember me?"  I live here.  I work here.  I am here.  I want to sit the President down in the principals office and scold him for bullying and tell him that if his attitude doesn't change he will be suspended.  I just want someone who has the power to tell him that he is not above the rest of his.  He is our voice, not our dictator.  He is suppose to do what we want, not the other way around.

I'm feeling helpless and hopeless,
Thanks

P.S. I did not proof read this, so if there are any typo's or otherwise bad grammar, please forgive me, I was typing fast.  I had a lot on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment